Thursday, December 8, 2011

Advent calendar 2011

December must be the craziest month for all crafters considering all the presents to be made. I have a long list that will last 5 Christmases. I start and never finish many, but this one I did! I made an advent calendar for LoLo.

It's really a knock off calendar of the one I saw in a magazine for 95 USD, so I don't deserve much creative credit ... but if you really can't hold it back that's also ok with Moi ;o)

Last year I bought LoLo a paper calendar for 99 cents at our local food store and that worked just fine (in terms of developing chocolate addiction, especially when it comes to London), but I also thought it' would be just nice to hang something cute in their teeny-tiny room and make it even more colorful and festive ...
I found a mitten pattern online and made it to fit the page to print. Then I cut out a 48 pairs of colorful mittens. Instead of sewing, I hot glued the pairs together and tied them on a ribbon. Too much work if you ask me, but all worth it! See for yourself ...


This is how they all looked on our kitchen island ... 


I cut corners on this project where I could - can you tell? :) I really didn't feel like tracing the numbers so I didn't - they are all just hand drawn out as it came. I used fabric scraps from my Romero Britto project, which had double sided adhesive on already. All I did was cut, glue and iron ... 
Pretty easy, huh?

London's side of the room ... 


Lola's ... 


"Surprise!"
Yupp .. almond kisses and Chanukah gelt for eight days because we celebrate all the holidays where we can eat, drink, be merry and get presents and chocolates ;) ... 

 Happy Christmas/Hanukkah shopping everyone! LV

No comments:

Post a Comment